Have your say on the future of arts and cultural development
City of Onkaparinga is seeking feedback on its draft Arts and Cultural Development Action Plan 2021-24.
Arts and cultural development play an important role in making a city a vibrant and diverse place to live and visit.
Council wants the City of Onkaparinga to continue to be a place where people can have the opportunity to participate, experience and express themselves through arts and cultural development.
It has developed the draft Arts and Cultural Development Action Plan 2021-24, which will guide how council deliver arts and cultural development to the community for the next four years.
To create the plan, council worked closely with the local community and creatives to come up with five goals to work towards.
These goals include:
- Providing opportunities for residents and visitors to value the city’s places and connect through public art.
- Developing and supporting arts and cultural experiences that are responsive to and reflective of local Aboriginal culture.
- Supporting skills development and job growth for local creatives.
- Providing opportunities for people of all cultures, ages and abilities to connect and experience arts and culture activities.
- Building community resilience and wellbeing through arts and culture.
There are 23 actions that align with these goals, ranging from reviews of current policies, exhibitions and collections; to exploring new collaborative projects and exhibitions with other arts organisations, creatives and First Nations artists.
Head to the City of Onkaparinga’s Your Say page to read the full plan and provide your feedback until Monday 12 April.