Published on 23 November 2022
Knox Park playground plans
The City of Onkaparinga wants your say on concept plans for a playground upgrade at Knox Park, Morphett Vale.
In June 2022, council undertook community consultation on the wider Knox Park Multi-Use Sports Park upgrade proposal, which also sought feedback on a playground upgrade.
During this consultation, council received many suggestions for the playground area such as slides, monkey bars, flying fox, swings, balancing beams, nature play, imagination, a ninja warrior course, and more. Council also heard community interest in shelters, barbeque facilities, seating, bins, a drinking fountain, and disability access.
City of Onkaparinga has now incorporated much of this feedback into a concept plan that includes:
- a district level playground an accessible public toilet
- shelter with picnic setting and barbeque
- a drinking fountain
- garden beds, trees for shade
- a gravel path surrounding the playground that is fully accessible
- an adventurous design for all ages
- a flying fox
- central climbing play equipment
- monkey bars
- log nature play and stepping boulder
- swings, slides, and a sheep rocker
- lawn area for play, kick about
- rubber softfall
- circular agility course
- basket swing and accessible carousel that is wheelchair/disability friendly.
You can view the concept plan and have your say at council’s Your Say page until Sunday 11 December.
A separate engagement for a park upgrade at Woodswallow Drive, Happy Valley—which includes upgraded play equipment, an upgraded irrigation system, tree and shrub planting, and additional footpath—is open for feedback until 6pm on Wednesday 30 November.